This past week Rockstar has released 10 new GTA V screenshots (transportation, leisure, business). With everyone pouring over the shots and many websites providing their own analysis of the images, we’ve noticed that even they missed a few details which we’ll share with you now.
So, let’s get started with this shot first:
1. The plate sticker on the left clearly spells out “OCT”. Does that indicate that the game will be released this October? Maybe, but then…
2. The plate renewal sticker on the right is orange. The 2013 plate renewal sticker in California is orange as well and we know that San Andreas is Rockstar’s take on California. California renewal stickers change color every year and the last few times the sticker was orange was in 1992, 1998, 2003, 2008 and now in 2013. Is this Rockstar trying to hint that the game will be released in 2013? If we were to decipher the plate and add all the numbers it would read: “MAP OCT 19, 2013” Yeah, we are grasping at straws here :)
If you look closely at the handle bars and the raised seat, you’ll notice that this is not just a regular bike but a racing one. While this probably means that there will be many different varieties of bicycles in the game, it can also indicate that Rockstar might be working on putting in bicycle races into GTA V. Perhaps something similar to what we had before with motorbikes? Time will tell…
1. Note that there are actually 3 racers in this shot, not 2.
2. Comparing how the two racers look, the one on the right has a lot more motion blur than the racer on the left. This might indicate a couple of things: either this shot was taken from a cutscene or GTA V will have quite an improved point of view cameras during gameplay.
You see how the river just ends into an abyss and the background mountains are off in the distance? This here confirms that there will be waterfalls in GTA V and by the looks of it, they might be quite high.
1. The wheels of the truck look quite wobbly. This could indicate that the truck is out of control but judging by how the wheels on the other side look just fine, maybe this is just a bug?
2. It seems that now police cars come equipped with a search light. We’ll have to wait to find out whether this is just a visual gimmick or something that will actually add aditional lighting effects to police vehicles.
It also appears that vehicle lighting effects are all currently missing. Notice how there are no brake lights even when a car is doing a burn out or when the motorbikes are turning on a dirt track, no police lights during chases either, no headlights and the traffic lights appear to be dark as well.
Now that these shots have been analyzed to death by pretty much everyone, we’ll have to wait till the next batch or better yet… a new trailer!Anton Zlygostev posted 9 months ago, about Grand Theft Auto V.